The holiday season is underway and shipping deadlines are already rapidly approaching.
The United States Postal Service says it will expand its service to collect mail on Sundays in the Postal Service's blue collection mailboxes at most Bay Area locations.
The Postal Service says this service will only be done December 13 and 20 to accommodate the holiday rush. Customers should put their mail in the collection mailboxes before 3 p.m. on those days.
The holiday deadlines for mail to reach its destination by Christmas through the USPS is:
- Dec. 15 - Standard Post
- Dec. 19 - First Class Mail
- Dec. 19 - Global Express Guaranteed
- Dec. 21 - Priority Mail
- Dec. 23 - Priority Mail Express
For more details: usps.com/holidaynews
Here are the deadlines for UPS:
- Dec. 18: Last day to ship UPS 3 DAY SELECT
- Dec. 21: Last day for UPS 2nd Day Air
- Dec. 22: Last day to ship all UPS Next Day Air packages for Christmas Eve delivery
More details: https://www.ups.com/media/news/en/UPS_PeakSeason.pdf
Here are the deadlines for FedEx:
- Dec. 17 last day to ship via FedEx Ground to guarantee delivery by Christmas
- Dec. 22: FedEx 2day
- Dec. 23: FedEx overnight standard & priority
More details: http://www.fedex.com/us/holiday/last-days-to-ship.html