A recording of a 911 call alerting authorities to the death of an 11-year-old New York girl who was visiting Orlando has been released.
The Orange County Medical Examiner on Thursday confirmed that Ashton Jojo died from electrocution as she tried to retrieve a ball from a pond at a time-share resort's miniature golf course.
Deputies said Jojo cried out in pain Wednesday afternoon as she stepped into the 2-foot-deep pond at Orange Lake Resort near Orlando. A guest visiting from Alabama heard her screams and tried to rescue her, and he was also injured.
The girl died shortly after arriving at Florida Hospital Celebration.
Authorities say the Latham, N.Y., girl turned 11 last week. She was visiting Orlando with her parents and a brother.