Intruder living at Jennifer Lopez's Hamptons estate

Intruder living at Jennifer Lopez's Hamptons estate

Posted: Updated:
Jennifer Lopez Jennifer Lopez

SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (AP) — Police say an intruder had been living for a week on Jennifer Lopez's property in the Hamptons while she was away.

Southampton police said Wednesday the entertainer had an order of protection against 49-year-old John Dubis of Rhode Island. Information on why the order was obtained wasn't immediately available.

According to Newsday, workers found Dubis on the Water Mill property on Aug. 8 and called police.

He was arraigned the following day on charges of burglary, criminal contempt, stalking and possession of burglar tools. He's due in court Aug. 28.

Dubis is being held on $100,000 bail.

Newsday says the publicist for the singer-actress couldn't be reached for comment and it was unclear whether Dubis had a lawyer.

Lopez bought the 3-acre Water Mill mansion in May.

___

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

  • Long Island NewsLong Island NewsMore>>

  • ‘Swim across America’ cancer research and prevention event

    ‘Swim across America’ cancer research and prevention event

    Saturday, July 26 2014 10:56 PM EDT2014-07-27 02:56:44 GMT
    The battle against cancer hit the shores of Larchmont, New York over the weekend. Hundreds took the plunge to raise money for cancer research, prevention and treatment as Swim across America held its annual open water swim across Long Island Sound. 
    The battle against cancer hit the shores of Larchmont, New York over the weekend. Hundreds took the plunge to raise money for cancer research, prevention and treatment as Swim across America held its annual open water swim across Long Island Sound. 
  • NY man arrested on DWI charge after friend killed

    NY man arrested on DWI charge after friend killed

    Saturday, July 26 2014 5:12 PM EDT2014-07-26 21:12:09 GMT
    Police say a Long Island man struck and killed a friend after she got out of his car and started walking because she believed he was drunk.
    Police say a Long Island man struck and killed a friend after she got out of his car and started walking because she believed he was drunk.
  • Another company to give family free cruise

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:52 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:52:08 GMT
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. They did not buy travel insurance, so Norwegian says they cannot rebook the cruise so close to departure. The CEO of a rival cruise line saw their story and reached out to the Colucci family to offer them a free cruise.
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. They did not buy travel insurance, so Norwegian says they cannot rebook the cruise so close to departure. The CEO of a rival cruise line saw their story and reached out to the Colucci family to offer them a free cruise.
Powered by WorldNow

4739 NW 53rd Avenue, Sutie B
Gainesville, FL 32653

Phone: (352) 371-0051

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices