2nd suspect charged, one released in Inkster shooting

2nd suspect charged, one released in Inkster shooting

Posted: Updated:
Rapheal Hearn, 29, of Inkster faces murder charges Rapheal Hearn, 29, of Inkster faces murder charges
  • Tragic death of a 2-year-old girlMore>>

  • Inkster chief resigns in wake of slaying of 2-year-old girl

    Inkster chief resigns in wake of slaying of 2-year-old girl

    Friday, July 11 2014 10:26 PM EDT2014-07-12 02:26:17 GMT
    Chief Hilton Napoleon announced his decision effective Friday in a letter after more than three years on the job. In the letter, Napoleon said he's been working under "extreme" conditions and the "lack of resources and adverse working conditions has taken its toll."  Napoleon says the July 1 slaying "makes my decision that much easier."
    Chief Hilton Napoleon announced his decision effective Friday in a letter after more than three years on the job. In the letter, Napoleon said he's been working under "extreme" conditions and the "lack of resources and adverse working conditions has taken its toll."  Napoleon says the July 1 slaying "makes my decision that much easier."
  • Rally held to stop the violence in Inkster following shooting

    Rally held to stop the violence in Inkster following shooting

    Monday, July 7 2014 12:58 AM EDT2014-07-07 04:58:10 GMT
    They rallied to stop the violence in Inkster Sunday after a triple shooting that claimed a two year old girl's life. Her father and a 12-year-old girl are still recovering from gunshot wounds and two suspects are in custody.
    They rallied to stop the violence in Inkster Sunday after a triple shooting that claimed a two year old girl's life. Her father and a 12-year-old girl are still recovering from gunshot wounds and two suspects are in custody.
  • 2nd suspect charged, one released in Inkster shooting

    2nd suspect charged, one released in Inkster shooting

    Saturday, July 5 2014 8:24 PM EDT2014-07-06 00:24:36 GMT
    A second suspect now faces murder charges in the Inkster shooting that left a 2 year old dead and her father and a 12-year-old girl shot and injured. But, police released a third suspect who was also taken into custody.
    A second suspect now faces murder charges in the Inkster shooting that left a 2 year old dead and her father and a 12-year-old girl shot and injured. But, police released a third suspect who was also taken into custody.
INKSTER, Mich. (WJBK) - A second suspect now faces murder charges in the Inkster shooting that left a 2 year old dead and her father and a 12-year-old girl shot and injured. But, police released a third suspect who was also taken into custody.

Neighbors on Carlysle where the shooting took place are outraged the third suspect is back out on the streets. July 1, Kamiya Gross, 2, was shot and killed. Her father and another child were injured and are recovering in the hospital. Saturday, Rapheal Hearn, 29, of Inkster was arraigned on murder and assault charges. He's being held without bond. The alleged triggerman, Raymone Jackson, 24, was previously arraigned on seven counts including premeditated murder and torture. Investigators say he intentionally shot the child to get even with her father.

"Put the guns down. Put the guns down. Please. Put the guns down," pleaded Inkster resident Jess Antoine, choking back tears. "Now our children are suffering. Our children are suffering from it. Please put 'em down. It's not worth it."

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy released this statement following the arraignment, "The alleged facts in this case, including the deliberate shooting that killed an infant and injured a young girl, are among the most heinous that I have ever seen."

Stay with Fox 2 and myfoxdetroit.com for continuing coverage of this developing story.


  • Randy WimbleyMore>>

  • Detroiter says she was turned away for water payment plan

    Detroiter says she was turned away for water payment plan

    Monday, July 21 2014 6:07 PM EDT2014-07-21 22:07:11 GMT
    The city of Detroit says it won't shut off water for those with unpaid bills for 15 days. The Water and Sewerage Department is giving customers more time to prove they cannot pay their bills and enroll in a payment plan. One woman says she tried to enroll in one but was turned away.
    The city of Detroit says it won't shut off water for those with unpaid bills for 15 days. The Water and Sewerage Department is giving customers more time to prove they cannot pay their bills and enroll in a payment plan. One woman says she tried to enroll in one but was turned away.
  • Detroit to launch new water leak reporting app

    Detroit to launch new water leak reporting app

    Saturday, July 19 2014 11:18 PM EDT2014-07-20 03:18:38 GMT
    Water has been shut off to thousands of Detroit residents in recent months. Despite protests, more shutoffs are expected. So, what about water that's running non-stop inside abandoned homes? Soon there will be a new way to stop that, too.
    Water has been shut off to thousands of Detroit residents in recent months. Despite protests, more shutoffs are expected. So, what about water that's running non-stop inside abandoned homes? Soon there will be a new way to stop that, too.
  • Ficano receives endorsement for re-election bid

    Ficano receives endorsement for re-election bid

    Tuesday, July 15 2014 7:28 PM EDT2014-07-15 23:28:58 GMT
    Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano received a big endorsement for his re-election bid.
    Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano received a big endorsement for his re-election bid.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
Powered by WorldNow

4739 NW 53rd Avenue, Sutie B
Gainesville, FL 32653

Phone: (352) 371-0051

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices