LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (FOX 35 WOFL) - Walt Disney World Resort is offering quite the extravagant holiday season this year, as their parks and resort hotels already sparkle with jolly decorations that bring the spirit of the season to life.
Each park offers their own unique and delightful holiday opportunities.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Guests will enjoy a Flurry of Fun at Disney's Hollywood Studios from November 9th until December 31st, as there will be exciting new happenings around the park and the return of the nighttime projection and fireworks show titled "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!"
Also at Disney's Hollywood Studios is:
- Sunset Seasons Greetings: This holiday spectacular transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season, such as a giant pile of Christmas gifts, a gingerbread house, and even a frozen winter wonderland. Mickey, Minnie, and more will also share their favorite Christmas stories as a snowy Sunset Boulevard twinkles with stunning holiday decorations.
- Enhanced Holiday Decor Around Echo Lake: Echo Lake will be decorated with extra-large ornaments, colorful garlands, and a giant Christmas tree centered on the water.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!: This hit holiday show features state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, and special effects as Disney characters embark on an adventure to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party: Guests can reserve a seat at a special nightly party that includes holiday snacks, drinks, and more. A surprise Disney character will drop in for some fun, too.
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff welcome Olaf to this popular sing-along celebration.
- Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine: Meet Minnie, Mickey, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy for lunch and dinner celebrations centered on seasonal deliciousness.
- Santa Claus returns to the Once Upon A Time shop: Meet Santa and listen to holiday wishes in this beautiful vintage setting. Santa Goofy will even stop by.
Holidays Around the World is transforming into the Epcot International Festival of Holidays from November 19th until December 30th. Guests here will be engrossed in the wondrous sights, sounds, and flavors of the season.
The seasonal opportunities available are:
- Holiday Kitchens: Guests can indulge in cookies and desserts at the Cookie Nook located inside the Odyssey complex. Dazzling delicacies like the Maple Buche de Noel will also be available in the Canada pavilion.
- Chip & Dale's Christmas Tree Spree: Guests can purchase a map and stickers that reveal the spots where the famous chipmunks are with their ornaments. Complete the map and you'll receive a festive surprise.
- Candlelight Processional Narrators: Kurt Russel, Pat Sajak, Matt Bomer, CCH Pounder, Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jaci Velasquez will be accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and mass choir in retelling the Christmas story at the American Gardens Theatre.
- Holiday Entertainment: Enjoy the sights and sounds of the World Showcase, as each country's heritage comes to life amid joyful music and time-honored traditions.
- Fireworks Finale: The nightly fireworks display, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, will feature a special holiday ending.
Magic Kingdom Park
Disney's Magic Kingdom Park will feature several season experiences, including:
- A Frozen Holiday Wish: Frozen sisters Anna and Elsa lead a celebration on the Castle Forecourt Stage. Queen Elsa will use her incredible powers to present everyone in the kingdom a gift.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: It's a part like no other -- the Cinderella Castle shimmers as Magic Kingdom is decked out in holiday cheer. There's exclusive performances, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, the Frozen Holiday Wish castle-lighting ceremony, Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration stage show, and more.
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: Brimming with magic and cheer, this parade features Santa Claus, gingerbread elves, reindeer, toy soldiers, and other friends from the North Pole.
- Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration: From December 23rd until December 31st, Mickey and Minnie will take over Cinderella's Castle Forecourt Stage to host some of their Disney friends for an unforgettable soiree filled with holiday songs.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom gets even more wild as decorations around the park set up a wonderful holiday time. Guests will even be greeted by a dramatic, animal-themed holiday tree.
Every corner of Disney Springs is wrapped and ready for the holiday season. The holiday decor and special entertainment make it the most wonderful place to shop.
Here's a sampling of the seasonal offerings at Disney Springs:
- An Even Bigger Christmas Tree Trail: To capture the spirit of the season, guests can stroll among custom decorated trees, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme.
- Santa's Chalet: Santa Claus will accept Christmas wish lists and welcome guests to his new location in the Christmas Tree trail.
- Stitch's Holiday Gift Hunt: The scavenger hunt returns in a bigger and better form, as there are four new stops.
The warmth of the holiday season will bring cheer to more than 25 Disney resorts. Every resort will decorated for the holidays and entertainment will perform at several of them.
What resort goers can experience:
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Guests can experience yuletide cheer as they cozy up underneath the Christmas tree with a cup of hot cider and a snack. They can also relax lakeside and enjoy cocktails, smore's, and hot chocolate.
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground: Holiday music fills the air as the Hoop-de-Doo Musical Revue spruces up for the season. On select nights, there will also be carolers who arrive by hay wagon.
- Disney's Contemporary Resort: An 18-feet tall Cinderella Castle replica, made out of gingerbread, fondant, and chocolate, can be seen.
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Visitors can check out a life-sized holiday gingerbread house that is both eye-filling and aromatic.
- Disney's Beach Club Resort: Experience a holiday village full of miniature trains that take center stage. You can also see a life-sized edible spinning carousel.
- Disney's Contemporary Resort: There will be three different New Years experiences at Disney's Contemporary Resort, including Disney's Countdown to Midnight, a Pixar Party, and a New Orleans-themed dining experience.