Keeping your pet comfortable during Fourth of July fireworks
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -
- Play a game or go for a long walk during the day so they won’t be so wound up later.
- Close your blinds, curtains, and windows. Animals have been known to jump fences, break chains, and even leap through glass windows.
- Be certain their collar identification and microchip is up to date in case they get loose despite your efforts.
- Select a room where the noise will be at a minimum.
- Turn on the air conditioner, fan, or television to drown out the noise even more.
- For a little extra comfort, put on some classical music.
- Drug them. Relax, a little Melatonin or a natural supplement can do wonders to calm them down.
- Board them. If your neighborhood is particularly loud, it may be best for your pet.
- Skip the fireworks! Stay in with your furry friend to keep them company while distracting them with fun games.
- And it goes without saying that you should never bring your pet around fireworks. Aside from the obvious burns that could result, unused fireworks can pose a danger if they contain toxic substances.
- Watch the video to see how your pet is more important than the fireworks.