Ten people lose home after unattended cigarrete causes fire

The City of Ocala says that two residential structure fires were reported Tuesday morning in Ocala. 

The city reports that the first fire affected a vacant structure, but the second fire left ten residents displaced.

At 12:10 a.m., Ocala Fire Rescue reportedly was dispatched to a structure fire on NW 16th Court.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a vacant wooden structure, with flames and smoke showing from the rear of the building.

The home was searched and found empty.

The fire was extinguished by 12:26 a.m.

Then, at 4:19 a.m., Ocala Fire Rescue reportedly responded to a fire on NW 13th Avenue. They found flames spreading from the room of origin to a nearby tree.

All the residents had already evacuated the building.

The fire was extinguished by 4:45 a.m.

However, due to fire and smoke damage, the building was deemed uninhabitable. Ten people were displaced.

Tenants revealed that the fire originated from an unattended cigarette.