Orlando FEMA vaccine site to close in about 1 week
The FEMA vaccine site in Orlando will only be open for about one more week, officials said.
The federally-supported vaccine site at Valencia College West Campus confirmed to FOX 35 that the site will close one week from Tuesday. That means that May 25th will be the final day that the public can walk up and receive a vaccine at the location.
Currently, the vaccine site only offers second doses of the Pfizer vaccine and the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Over 200,000 vaccinations have been given there.
The site operates from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
MORE COVID-19 VACCINE NEWS:
- Biden to boost COVID-19 vaccines shared overseas by 20M doses
- ‘Now is not the time’: Nurses’ union condemns CDC for relaxing mask protocols for vaccinated people
- Delta to require new employees get COVID-19 vaccine, CEO says
- CDC eases mask requirements for fully vaccinated cruise passengers
- White House says all Americans can get free rides to COVID-19 vaccine sites through Uber, Lyft
Watch FOX 35 Orlando for the latest Central Florida news.